There are two ways of searching on Casetext: keyword search and CARA A.I. search:
With keyword search, you can:
- Search for cases by case name/title
- Search for cases by citation
- Search for cases by keyword or phrase (find guidance on search techniques here)
To conduct a keyword search, enter the case title, citation or keywords you want into the search bar:
To select specific jurisdictions, click on "All State & Federal" at the end of the search bar. For more information on jurisdiction selection, click here.
With CARA A.I. search, you upload a legal document and:
- Find on-point authorities fast
- Find cases you or opposing counsel may have missed
- Check cases cited in your document for bad law
To get started with CARA A.I., upload a document into the "Search with CARA A.I." box on the homepage:
For additional guidance on using CARA A.I., click here.